Location location location:
Part of the greater Westville area, Atholl Heights is the suburb between Pinetown and Westville, surrounded by by Cowies Hill, Dawncrest, Chiltern Hills and Reservoir Hills. It’s becoming more and more popular with those looking for affordable family homes in a culturally diverse community. With easy access to freeways, particularly the M19, it’s a simple commute for those working in Pinetown, Springfield Park, Umgeni Business Park, Sea Cow Lake, North Coast Road and the Nandi Drive precincts – with the North and South Coast accessed from the N3.
Education is also a major draw card, with excellent primary schools and tertiary education – Varsity College’s Westville campus is nearby, and so is the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s Westville campus. Here you’ll find a Hindu temple and Islamic place of worship, while Atholl Heights has its own Musallah.
How to get from here to there:
• On the M19: Atholl Heights borders the M19, a dual carriageway from Umgeni Road in Durban to Pinetown.
• On the N2: at the Umgeni Road end, the massive new intersection provides seamless access north and south.
Best schools in the area:
• Star College: primary and high school for boys and girls
• Atholl Heights Primary School
• Avon Primary School
• Pitlochry Primary School
• Deutsche School
• Westville Boys High School
• Westville Girls High School
Our favourite local activities:
• Sports of every kind at Chiltern Park Sport Club
• Soccer, rugby, hockey and baseball at Westville Old Boys Sports Club
• Running with Westville Athletics Club
• Hiking or having a picnic in Palmiet Nature Reserve
• Shopping at Westville North shopping centre
• Watching a movie at The Pavilion, KwaZulu-Natal’s second-largest shopping mall,
Nearby hospitals and medical facilities:
• Life Westville Hospital
• The Crompton Hospital
• Prime Cure, Pinetown
• Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre
“The schooling in Atholl Heights is excellent, from primary to tertiary, so we don’t ever need to move from here.” Shariffa Khan, resident