Part of the Walmer Municipality, Fairview used to be a low-density township but is becoming increasingly popular as one of Port Elizabeth’s newest development sites.
Location location location:
With close proximity to schools, businesses, hospitals and shopping centres, Fairview is conveniently located, especially to the OriginHealth Fairview Hospital which is opening soon. Vacant stands are increasing in price as the area becomes more popular, but there isn’t one particular kind of house in Fairview – there’s everything from large and extravagant to small and simple.
Willow Road is the main road in the area, with a number of businesses opening recently and adding to the development of the area – the side of Willow Road closest to Overbaakens has fewer houses and is known as the quieter side.
Our favourite local shops:
• The Co-Op Port Elizabeth in Willow Road
• Walmer Park Shopping Centre
• Fig Tree Centre
Our favourite local activities:
• Mountain bike trails in the Baakens Valley
• Walking through one of the nearby nurseries and having lunch
• Watching movies at Walmer Park
Our favourite food in the area:
• Simply Asia at Moffett on Main
• Floradale nursery’s Rose Garden Cafe in Circular Drive
• Spur/Ocean Basket at Fig Tree Access Park
• Coffee and Kids Company in Willow Road
“Surprisingly there is a lot of wildlife in the area such as rabbits, eagles, owls, buck and snakes.” Tauriq Ally, resident
Images: Fredlin Adriaan