Returning October 31st for their annual summer season, The Galileo Open Air Cinema has released their movie line up and the list looks good. This year they have expanded their movie locations all around Cape Town as it has become very popular. Showings will run from Tuesday to Friday in and around Cape Town.
• Tuesday – Hillcrest Quarry
• Wednesday – Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• Thursday – V&A Waterfront
• Friday – Rotating venues in Cape Town
• Saturday – Cape Winelands
Ticket prices has increased slightly from last year and there are VIP tickets available, a new addition to the open air cinema is.
• Standard: R79 entry
• Warm: R87 entry plus blanket included
• Comfy: R95 entry plus chair included
• Warm & Comfy: R100 entry plus blanket and chair included
VIP will include all of the above with reserved seating and delectable sweets and popcorn with a Savana cider all for R149. Tickets are available online at webtickets and are selling out fast.
The movie list this year is impressive, stretching from romantic comedies to classic favourites. See Eat Pray Love November 5th at the V&A Waterfront and Devil Wears Prada November 10th at Hillcrest Quarry.
A few favourites will include Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Friday the 13th, Dirty Dancing and the Note Book. More movies will be showcasing from November until April 2016.
071 471 8728
Words: Waseem Van der Merwe