Location location location:
You’ll find Mooikloof on the rural outer edge of Pretoria’s eastern suburbs. But this elite area is more than just an upmarket residential area – it has beautiful views of the hills and valleys of the Bronberg extension of the Magaliesberg mountain range and a farm-like atmosphere that makes it feel like a slice of paradise in the midst of the suburbs.
With a number of family-oriented lifestyle estates to choose from, the emphasis is on combining convenience and luxury with countryside living. Mooikloof Equestrian Estate is known for its horse riding, of course, but also its beautiful dam and variety of birdlife, with some wonderful cycling and walking trails.
• Mooikloof Country Residences says it’s the first development of its kinds in SA: offering all-inclusive packaged freehold homes that come with appliances as well as reticulated gas to service the hob, water-heating system and built-in braais.
• The Hills Game Reserve Lifestyle Estate borders Mooikloof Heights and Mooikloof Glen and focuses on an authentic African bushveld experience with a 200ha game reserve.
• Mooikloof Gardens is known for tree-lined streets and privacy, while Country View Estate focuses on wide open spaces.
• Mooikloof Glen overlooks the original Mooikloof and The Hills estates, and offers 8,500m2 stands. Similarly, Mooikloof Heights offers stands of the same size with a similar country chic feel.
What makes the area special:
• Conveniently situated near to Netcare Pretoria East Hospital and other medical facilities
• The N1 and N4 highways and the R21 to OR Tambo International airports are within easy access
• Country style living in close proximity of shopping malls, schools, churches
• Most of these estates have an emphasis on safety with cutting-edge security systems and 24-hour access control with security patrols.
• They also offer huge open spaces: natural parklands and greenbelts for kids to play and families to walk, with walking trails and mountain biking trails in the estates, in many cases.
• Entertainment and sports options are found in the estate clubhouses, and there are often restaurants, bomas and braai areas as well.
• There are options for many price brackets, from upmarket starter apartments to medium-sized townhouses and the huge farmsteads. Vacant plots are available, as well as sectional title and full title schemes.
Our favourite local activities:
• Great steaks at the famous Rafters Pub and Grill
• Shopping at the Woodlands Boulevard shopping centre
• Live theatre at the Barnyard, Parkview Centre
The best schools in the area:
• Laerskool Tygerpoort
• Bronberg Academy
• Curro Woodhill College
• Reddford House The Hills
“We love the area due to the fact that we are out of the city buzz yet close enough when necessary. Our choice to live here is based on the best way for our kids to grow up.” Danie Bester, resident
Images: Rene Hugo and supplied