Waterkloof is a picturesque suburb south-east of the city centre showcasing magnificent hilltop homes. It has an international atmosphere, with about 200 houses owned or rented by foreign embassies and ministers. It has top schools including Hoerskool Waterkloof, Waterkloof Primary School, Waterkloof Christenskool and Waterkloof House Preparatory School. Waterkloof provides shopping destinations including Waterkloof Corner, Waterkloof Ridge Lifestyle Centre and Waterkloof Heights. The suburb is home to recreational facilities including the Pretoria Country Club and Waterkloof Golf Club, and quality sports and social venues.
“The suburb is home to some wonderful recreational facilities such as the Pretoria Country Club and Waterkloof Golf Club which each have scenic 18-hole golf courses.”
-Siobhan Muller, ward councilor
Properties listed for sale in Waterkloof comprise approximately 7% of the total sale listings in the Pretoria Central area. Approximately 7% of the interest (views) in properties for sale in the Pretoria Central area is attributable to properties listed for sale in Waterkloof. Properties listed for rent in Waterkloof comprise approximately 8% of the total rental listings in the Pretoria Central area.
Approximately 6% of the interest (views) in properties for rent in the Pretoria Central area is attributable to properties listed for rent in Waterkloof.
Buying in Waterkloof
The monthly bond repayment to purchase a typical property in Waterkloof, namely a four-bedroom house, with the median asking price of R4,925m, is R48,346 per month over 20 years at prime of 10,25% with no deposit.
- Hoerskool Waterkloof
- Waterkloof Primary School
- Waterkloof Christenskool
- Waterkloof Preparatory School
Best in food
- Meet on Milner: this trendy spot is perfect for meeting up with friends to enjoy great craft beer.
- Isabella’s Cake & Food Shop: grab a cup of coffee and indulge in gourmet cakes.
- Priva: enjoy quality cuisine and live jazz entertainment.
- DK Burger: don’t miss the wine and beer tasting evenings.
- De Kloof Restaurant: settle on De Kloof’s stoep and enjoy spectacular sunsets.
- Pretoria Country Club
- Waterkloof Golf Club
- Waterkloof Heights Shopping Centre
- Waterkloof Corner
- Waterkloof Ridge Lifestyle Centre
Words: Lisa Dewberry